How to: Valentines Cake
Valentine’s Day is all about celebrating those warm fuzzies, blushing cheeks, and butterflies when you realise you’re in love. So whether it’s with your boyfriend, cat, or addiction with online shopping celebrate with one of these…
What you will need:
What to do –
1. Beat eggs in large mixer with paddle attachment for 4 minutes. Beating them for this long ensures they fluff and make your cake fluffy and light too.
2. Add sugar, and continue beating for another 5 minutes until creamy and light. Add vanilla essence and stir on low until just combined.
3. Add dry ingredients to eggs and sugar on low speed until just combined.
4. In a pan, heat milk and butter on low heat just until butter is melted. Add to batter slowly, and beat just until combined.
5. Pour 2/3 of the mixture into well greased round cake pan.
6. Mix food colouring in with other 1/3 of the batter, and spoon onto the rest of the mixture. Use the handle of the spoon to mix the batter a little and create a marble effect.
7. Bake at 180 degrees until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Remove from oven and let stand in pan for 10 minutes. Then turn out onto wire cooling racks and cool completely.
8. Cut into heart shape by creating a half triangle, then the curves of the top of the heart. Enjoy the off-cuts then and there! Yum.
9. Create buttercream frosting by combining room temperature butter, milk, and vanilla essence in the mixer. Slowly mix in the icing sugar, and combine with red food colouring.
10. Place in piping bag and using a star nozzle pipe onto cake.
11. For effect, grab a couple of chopsticks and using gold paper fashion it into one of Cupid’s Arrows with glitter and love.
Buttercream frosting is nice and easy to make, so if you’re not much of a baker grab a sponge cake from the shops, fill it with cream and jam, and get decorating!
Happy Valentines Day Everyone… x